Tuesday 18 January 2011

January 14 - in which I get off far too lightly

Some Random Acts of Kindness are really a bit too easy. Take today's, for example, which cost me nothing except a very minor bit of inconvenience.
One of my work colleagues, is in a little distress. She's been having problems getting the right care for her elderly father, and she's worried that he's about to be fobbed off with something unsuitable. He has a medical appointment on Monday which she is desperate to attend with them - but she's supposed to be at work at the time. She needs to finish work earlier than her scheduled shift allows.
As it happens, I've been given the early-start early-finish shift for that day, and I was hoping to keep it as we may have a social engagement for that evening. But it's obvious who needs the early finish more, so I arrange to switch shifts with my colleague. And that makes me feel a lot better than I really have any right to.

No comments:

Post a Comment