Saturday 8 January 2011

January 5 - in which Lorren serves chicken for dinner and I serve mini eggs

Back in England and back at work. I'm tired, it's cold and raining, and I'm on a late shift, here in the office until midnight. And Chelsea lost 1-0 to Wolves. I am not in a particularly good frame of mind for Random Acts of Kindness. But the team on shift with me are, well, lovely, and they're working really hard and everything we try to do works out, which makes a change, and they really deserve a treat. So I get them a big bag of Cadbury mini eggs from the newsagents (on offer for only £1 too - result!). Because everyone loves mini eggs. And I start to feel better about being back at work.
L is at home playing hostess with the mostest - mostest number of people round for dinner, that is. Her RAK is to invite our lodger, the young man who's been looking after our dog, and her ex-husband to join her and the girls for a roast chicken dinner. Sounds lovely. I had a sandwich for supper. And a mini egg of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment