Wednesday 12 January 2011

January 9 - in which I contemplate non-violence as an Act of Kindness

I'm working another weekend shift and struggling to get to work because of disruption to the tube network. As I try and work out a path to West London around the various stations and lines closed for engineering, I toy briefly with the notion that it may well be a Random Act of Kindness not to actively seek out and stove the head in of the person responsible for closing the Central Line, or indeed the person responsible for not informing anyone about said closure until my train had reached Oxford Circus.
L spends the afternoon sorting out Eimar's CV for her. Is she determined to lose our lodger for us? At work, we are still busy with the aftermath of the shootings in Arizona and by the time we get a break, it's gone 10pm and I realise I have quite forgotten to perform an RAK of any kind. So I desperately try to give as many of the team as possible an "early out" so they don't all have to stay to midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment